Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 9th

Hi Ya'll! It's been a week since my last post. I have to be honest here, we did a lot of eating out last week and BLEW our budget. Grrrrrr....... So I've got DH on board no more eating out! From now on we will be making all of our snacky treats at home. OK anywhoo.......we went to the farmers market today and we got all this for 20.00or less I think!

1 bunch of carrots ( I have never head super fresh carrots I'm excited!) 1.00
2 kohlrabi 1.00
1 HUGE bunch cilantro 1.00
1 bunch basil 1.00
1 lb new red potatoes 2.00
2.5 lb broccoli 3.25
4 lemon cucumbers (!) 2.00
1 bouquet of flowers for a friend 3.00
1 package of dill Havarti ends 1.00
1 bunch HUGE white onions 1.50

So we will combine this with what is growing in our garden and what is in our pantries to make some awesome dinners! Pics and recipes to follow. Promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment